The very first question it may occur when purchasing property in Italy is how best to protect your own interest from all the pitfalls along the way.
The answer is quite simple: hiring the service of a trustworthy English-speaking Italian Solicitor who offers independent legal advice to an international clientele; and precisely an Italian law firm specialized in property law.
More in details, your Italian property Lawyer/Law Firm has to be:
The lawyer has to represent only your interest, with no conflict of interest so no business connection with the Seller (Owner, Developer) or the Realtor.
Having a specific in-depth understanding and experience about the Italian property law and Real Estate Industry; this is a crucial aspect to optimize the contractual terms and condition of the purchase.
Being able to fully understand the client concerns and inform accordingly.
Furthermore, there are other considerable advantages; in fact your lawyer has to:
- Advice about the Italian buying process
- Carry on the Legal Due Diligence on the buyer behalf confirming if there are obstacles to transfer the ownership right; this is of crucial importance as the results of the legal checks very often show important information to be used during the negotiation
- Agree with the purchaser the buying strategy in the accordance with the results of the Legal Due Diligence
- Represent the very best interest of the buyer
- Advice about any tax issues related to the property transfer that may affect the purchaser
- Draft/Review the contracts and binding acts involved in the transaction
This is our idea of a modern property lawyer: the professional guiding the client through the whole process acting in a valuable advisory capacity and adding value to the purchase.