Italy has always been considered as an unique country for its history, landscape and climate.
Once you have experienced the true quality of Italian life, being a visitor will no longer be enough: you will just want to own a small part of it; that’s also why for many different reasons foreigners decide to buy home in Italy.
We are proud to include among the wide range of legal real estate services a section totally dedicated to prestigious properties.
These are “jewel” characterized in general by the uniqueness of the location, historical-artistic relevance and marked architectural character.
There may be various legal problems connected with the purchase of a luxury apartment in a prestigious condominium in Milan, rather than a typical farmhouse on the Tuscan hills or an important sea view villa in Liguria; thereby not forgetting the historical homes in Umbria, the charming lake view penthouses of Northern Italy, the modern metropolitan lofts or a wonderful Trullo or Masseria in Puglia.
For this reason, the protection of the rights and interests of the buyer must be prepared even before start negotiating with the seller.
It is of crucial importance the legal advisor of the buyer to be absolutely independent, meaning not in conflict of interest (as real estate agencies are by definition age getting paid for their commission from both contractual parties ) and highly specialized in this peculiar market niche.
Prevention is key
The services we offer for a safe and maximized purchase in all its aspects are:
– Setting up of tailor-made buying strategy
– Making sure of the “most likely property market price” by accessing official data (typically last 3 official sales as per same type of property and location in a certain time frame )
– Legal Due Diligence
– Fiscal/Accounting Due Diligence (if the seller is a company or if the transaction also includes the sale of a business (farming, turism, etc)
– “Ad hoc” drafting of binding / non-binding documents prior to closing
– Negotiations ad-interim safe payments
– Tax planning
– Drafting of “ad hoc” Business Plan and bespoke Financial architecture”
– Confidentiality and absolute discretion of any information/data in our possession
– Reviewing of the the deed of sale and constant interaction with the chosen notary office and any other consultant involved in the transaction
– Deed of sale/Rogito assistance (also in video-conference)
– Limited power of attorney for signature of the deed of sale on the buyer behalf
After sale (if requested):
– Drafting of Building/Renovation Agreement (in case of need for renovation)
– Engaging New Owner with a team of professionals (Architect, Designer, Contractor, etc.)
– Property management (Lease agreement, Maintenance, Insurance, Services, etc)
– Estate Planning & Trust
– Re-financing (Equity release)